Avira AntiVir Personal Free Antivirus 22.214.171.1248 Description:
Avira AntiVir Personal Free 126.96.36.1998 was developed to be a reliable free antivirus solution, that constantly and rapidly scans your computer for malicious programs such as viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, hoaxes, worms, dialers etc. Monitors every action executed by the user or the operating system and reacts promptly when a malicious program is detected.
Avira AntiVir Personal Free 188.8.131.528 is a comprehensive, easy to use antivirus program, designed to offer reliable free of charge virus protection to home-users, for personal use only, and is not for business or commercial use.
Avira AntiVir Personal Free 184.108.40.2068 gives you the following functions:
- Control Center for monitoring, administering and controlling the entire program
- Central configuration with user-friendly standard and advanced options and context-sensitive help
- Scanner (On-Demand Scan) with profile-controlled and configurable search for all known types of virus and malware
- Integration into the Windows Vista User Account Control allows you to carry out tasks requiring administrator rights
- Guard (On-Access Scan) for continuous monitoring of all file access attempts
- Integrated quarantine management to isolate and process suspicious files
- Rootkit protection for detecting hidden malware installed in your computer system (rootkits) (Only for 32-bit systems)
- Direct access to detailed information on the detected viruses and malware via the Internet
- Simple and quick updates to the program, virus definitions, and search engine through Single File Update and incremental VDF updates via a webserver on the Internet
- Integrated Scheduler to plan one-off or recurring tasks, such as updates or test runs
- Very high rates of virus and malware detection using innovative search technologies (search engines) and heuristic search processes
- Detection of all common archive types, including detection of nested archives and smart extensions
- High-performance multithreading function (simultaneous high-speed scanning of multiple files)
- AntiVir protection against viruses, worms and Trojans AntiDialer protection against expensive dialers
- AntiRootkit protection against hidden rootkits
- Faster Scanning up to 20% faster
- AntiPhishing protection against phishing
- AntiSpyware protection against spyware and adware NetbookSupport for laptops with low resolution
- QuickRemoval eliminates viruses at the push of a button
News in Avira AntiVir Personal Free Antivirus 220.127.116.118:
Increased stability and reliability:
- All components have been made more resilient in order to resist against targeted malware attacks which are more and more aggressive. This includes, but it is not limited to, the ability to function without many registry keys, better protection against process termination, component deletion and many others.
- The repair functionality for various malware families has been improved.
Decreased resource usage and faster initialization time:
- Many optimizations in all modules, re-usage and recycling of components that have already been loaded in memory lead to a lower memory consumption. Because the engine is loaded only once, the overall initialization time of all modules has been improved.
- The usability of many actions which require user interaction or are used very often has been improved: installation, configuration and control of the user interface....