Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional Description:
The Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional development system is a comprehensive suite of tools designed to help software developers create innovative, next-generation applications. It’s the perfect work environment for application developers.
Microsoft Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional and the .NET Framework 4.0 are the next generation development tools and platform for Windows Vista, the 2007 Office System, and the Web.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional and the .NET Framework 4.0 mark the next generation of developer tools from Microsoft. Designed to address the latest needs of developers, Visual Studio delivers key innovations in the following pillars:
The Microsoft Visual Studio delivers on the Microsoft vision of smart client applications by enabling developers to rapidly create connected applications that deliver the highest quality, rich user experiences.
· Democratizing Application Lifecycle Management
Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) crosses many roles within an organization and traditionally not every one of the roles has been an equal player in the process. Visual Studio Team System 2010 continues to build the platform for functional equality and shared commitment across an organization’s ALM process.
· Enabling emerging trends
Every year the industry develops new technologies and new trends. With Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional and .NET Framework 4.0, Microsoft delivers tooling and framework support for the latest innovations in application architecture, development and deployment.
· Inspiring developer delight
Ever since the first release of Visual Studio, Microsoft has set the bar for developer productivity and flexibility. Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional continues to deliver on the core developer experience by significantly improving upon it for roles involved with the software development process. .NET Framework 4.0 contains numerous improvements that make it easier to develop powerful and compelling applications.
· Riding the next generation platform wave
Microsoft continues to invest in the market leading operating system, productivity application and server platforms to deliver increased customer value in these offerings. With Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional and .NET Framework 4.0 customers will have the tooling support and the platform support needed to create amazing solutions around these technologies.
· A match made in developer heaven
· With Visual Studio 2008, you can easily use your development skills to target Windows, the world’s most widely used operating system. Integrate peripherals, local storage, and heterogeneous systems to deliver differentiated applications—and combine the performance of the rich client with the best of the Web.
Performance as powerful as your imagination:
· Leverage local storage and local resources such as peripherals for high-performance and occasionally-connected applications.
Create data-driven applications with ease:
· Through LINQ, perform query, set, and transform operations using familiar object-oriented languages like Visual C# and Visual Basic.
Deliver the best of Windows and the Web :
· Create client applications that utilize Web services—or create offline tools that are complementary to Web-based applications.
Do less grunt work :
· The .NET Framework provides a huge variety of pre-built services and classes that help you work more efficiently.
Know it now :
· Intellisense makes you more efficient, providing inline code guidance right there in the editor—no more paging back and forth to documentation.
Easily create rich user experiences :
· Collaborate more effectively and efficiently with designers through integration between Visual Studio and Microsoft Expression.
Take quality to a new level :
· Use integrated debugging and static code analysis to improve quality early and often.
· Stand out from the crowd
· The Web is one of the most exciting—and competitive—platforms for software development today. Pull away from the pack in every respect—visual design, user experience, performance, and utility—and get your applications out there faster with Visual Studio 2008.
Enhance form and function :
· Use Microsoft Silverlight, a standardized, cross-platform presentation layer to deliver user experiences that combine visual excitement with powerful functionality.
Use the latest technologies :
Watch what you’re doing :
· Use split-window XML and CSS designers to see the effects of code changes on the visual experience, immediately in the designer.
Tame CSS :
· Examine CSS dependencies down to individual objects with the intuitive CSS Properties and Manage Styles tools.
Fear no wireframe :
· ASP.NET provides services and classes that make managing complex Web sites and applications easy, such as Master Detail Pages for flexible site templates.
· Play with your games
· Whether you are a hobbyist or a professional developer, Visual Studio helps bring your game experiences to life exactly as you imagine them. Wow players with sophisticated gameplay and visual experiences and get your games to market faster.
Share your passion :
· Talk and share games with an active community of creators and players.
Reduce time-to-awesome :
· Use the fast and powerful Visual Studio 2008 IDE to get your games up and running and take advantage of performance-tuned libraries.
Reach more eyeballs :
· Develop for PC, Xbox 360, and Microsoft Zune—and distribute your games through Xbox LIVE Marketplace
· Take your software breakthroughs mobile
· Windows Mobile is a rich platform for mobile applications. Visual Studio 2008 helps you build them faster and better using the same code editor, designers, and debugging tools you would for creating other application types.
Make the most of device resources :
· The .NET Compact Framework is optimized for the smaller memory and lower processor speeds of mobile devices.
Build advanced mobile applications quickly :
· A huge variety of pre-built classes and objects help you quickly integrate data, services, and cross-platform and cross-device communication.
Make your work more accessible :
· Windows Mobile provides the familiar Windows client computing experience on a mobile, giving your application broader reach.
· Familiar applications, new tricks
· Extend the Microsoft Office System using Visual Studio 2008 to create information worker solutions that are innovative, yet immediately familiar and easy to use. Plus, you can reach a huge base of Office System users whether you work inside an enterprise or as an independent vendor.
Build with open standards :
· Microsoft Office 2007 System documents are based on OpenXML, which supports data-sharing among Office system applications and enterprise systems.
Get a head start with a proven platform :
· Add job- or vertical-specific functionality to the familiar applications information workers use every day.
Work smarter :
· Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition includes templates for creating Office system add-ons.
Start with a rich user interface :
· Integrate your solutions into the Office system visual environment including the Office Fluent interface and the Ribbon.
Work faster :
· The .NET framework provides pre-built services for controlling, connecting, and securing Office System add-ons.
Connect users to data :
· Language Integrated Query (LINQ) makes it easy to incorporate any type of data into your application without learning specialized languages or methods.
· Set the controls for the heart of the datacenter
· With rapidly evolving technology options—Web services, cloud computing, virtualized desktops, and more—server development has never been more rewarding or challenging. Visual Studio 2008 helps you create interoperable, data-rich services quickly and efficiently, minimizing grunt work and supporting your next-generation innovations.
Maximize application performance :
· Leverage the 64 bit capabilities of the .NET framework.
Enhance interoperability :
· Create connected applications using standards-based messaging protocols (such as SOAP and REST) with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
Incorporate data easily :
· Integrate data calls into the flow of code with LINQ, a set of language extensions to Visual Basic and Visual C#.
Go big :
· Create more scalable applications with Windows Workflow Foundation.
Fly in the cloud :
· Take advantage of the Microsoft Azure, an Internet-scale cloud services platform hosted in Microsoft data centers.
· Give your team the power to succeed with an application lifecycle management solution
· Visual Studio 2008 Team System enables team members to continuously collaborate while relying on complete tools and guidance through every step of the development lifecycle. The results are cost savings, faster time-to-market, and improved application quality.
Use the process that’s right for you :
· Team Foundation Server provides templates for popular ALM processes and can be extended to work with your other methodologies.
Manage code more effectively :
· Comprehensive source control, code checkout and bug tracking tools help you tame complex projects.
Provide specialists with the right tools for the job :
· Visual Studio Team System provides multiple editions to meet the needs of professionals on your team architects, developers, database experts, and testers.